Bodnant Gardens, Pin Mill

Before being re-erected at Bodnant in the 1930’s, the building was originally put together in 1730 as a picnic house or shooting lodge, or it is thought it may have been used as a garden house. Later, the building was used as a factory for making dressmaking pins with two furnaces for that purpose inside the building. The repairs involved careful conservation of the roof, which was covered in moss and vegetation and in a declining state. Repairs to the squirrel-nibbled lead work were carried out as well as other sensitive improvements to the elevations and stone flags.

Client
The National Trust