Former St John’s School, Chester
This project involved the extensive renovation of a Grade II listed former school originally constructed for the First Duke of Westminster in 1883. It sits in a prominent position overlooking the Roman amphitheatre within Chester City Centre. The building had been insensitively adapted for decades and required a comprehensive reordering scheme to bring it back into use as a prestigious office building for a single tenant. The high specification of the fit out has been respectfully introduced to the building whilst returning the spirit of the original interiors. Exposed services were carefully threaded through the structure and a contemporary feature stair installed in a newly created void to link the main studio spaces.