Private House, Westminster
This Grade II* listed townhouse was built in 1726 as two separate houses, and after being combined in around 1900 they were later converted to office use. Now back in use as a private residence, Insall have carefully conserved and enriched this house, returning it to a comfortable family home. Internal improvements include new services throughout, with new reconfigured bathrooms and master en-suite, new servery kitchen, and under-floor heating to principle floors. Subtle new secondary glazing and insulation at attic level have further improved energy requirements. Ceilings have been raised to top floor bedrooms to increase headroom, appropriate period fireplaces are reinstated to reception rooms, with shutters restored to working order, and the property was redecorated to a high standard. New French doors increase natural daylight to the dining room and improve access the relandscaped rear garden, with incorporated new metal balcony and staircase.