Red House Trinidad, Trinidad & Tobago
Donald Insall Associates has been the lead architects on the renovation and restoration of the Red House for the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago since 2012. The complex of buildings dates from the 1840s with additions from the 1890s and a post-fire rebuilding from 1907 by Daniel Hahn, the same architects for Queen’s Royal College, for which we have also worked on. The neoclassical design incorporates two large ornate assembly chambers, parliamentary suites and a vast central rotunda. Through the process of creating a 21st century building for use by the current parliament, we have uncovered First People and Amerindian bones necessitating an efficient collaboration between the consultant team and archaeologists, allowing work to commence on site after an excavation period.
The Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago (UDeCOTT)