Shrewsbury Castle is a scheduled monument, the oldest remaining parts of the castle dating from 1164-5, with the Great Hall being built circa 1280. The present form of the Castle is the result of work carried out in 1790.
In 2003 the practice was appointed to undertake an assessment of the condition of the Great Hall and Towers, the Postern Gate and Laura’s Tower. Our report recommended a five year programme of repairs and conservation of these structures. The first phase included roof repairs to the Great Hall and the Postern gate.
Further phases include stonework conservation, roof repairs and re-pointing works as well as overhauling the windows of the Great Hall, Laura’s Tower and the Postern Gate.
Shrewsbury and Atcham Borough Council