St Gwenfaen, Rhoscolyn, Isle of Anglesey
The church dedicated to St Gwenfaen was founded in AD 630; and the present building incorporates elements of the 15th century church that it replaced. Built in 1875 in a simple Early English style, it is listed Grade II and sits in rural location serving a local parish in the west of Anglesey. In 2009 Donald Insall Associates carried out a condition survey of the structure and prepared a detailed schedule of repairs, including works to internal plaster, external stonework to the east window and the roof. DIA was also commissioned to upgrade the mechanical and electrical installations, and provide new lighting.
The Committee of St Gwenfaen’s Church