York House Council Chamber, Twickenham

York House dates from 1620 and is the Head Quarters building of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. To either side of the south elevation of the main house are two attached pavilions dating from the early nineteenth century, which were once identical in appearance. The project required the careful dismantling of the elevation to the much altered and structurally unstable west side pavilion housing the Council Chamber which has been reconstructed to replicate the original elevation.

Client
Richmond Borough Council