Our Accounts team is growing! We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Accounts Department. You will be producing invoices and working with colleagues across the Practice.
Donald Insall Associates is an award-winning conservation architecture and built heritage consultancy. We have more than 125 staff in eight offices in the UK and overseas, and work on projects of all scales, from a dovecote to the Palace of Westminster.
This role will support the Accounts team by processing sales receipts and provide ad-hoc support to the whole practice as well as preparing the sales invoices for some of the branches. The role will also provide administrative support to the rest of the Accounts team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the duties and responsibilities of the post may be amended from time to time, in consultation with the post holder.
- Good level of general education, with GCSE Mathematics and English grade ‘C’ or equivalent as an absolute minimum.
- Ideally at least 2 years previous experience in an administrative/co-ordination role gained with a small Accounts/Finance office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to take direction from the Financial Controller as well as members of the Practice and Accounts team. Developing working relations with colleagues across all branches of the Practice whilst showing initiative and enthusiasm.
- Strong IT skills, with the ability to use Word and Excel to an intermediate level.
- Comfortable working with numbers, able to undertake calculations, and explain data to others.
- Initiative and self-sufficiency: able to work well on own initiative, but with good levels of judgement to know when to refer to other team members.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail and time management: able to quality check own work (and input from others) for completeness and accuracy, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- A ‘completer finisher’, with well-developed follow-through skills to ensure that all tasks (no matter how big or small) are completed to a consistently high standard and on time.
- Ability to follow established procedures (and support others in doing so), and to remain motivated when dealing with tasks of a routine or repetitive nature.
- Flexible, and able to respond positively to changing requirements, and able to appreciate the link between performance in job role and the smooth/profitable running of the office.
- Strong work ethic: trustworthy, reliable, and with excellent standards of attendance and timekeeping.
Whilst not essential, we would also welcome applications from candidates with previous experience:
- In an architectural practice or building constructions environment, or another professional services organisation.
Please email a CV and covering letter to Erica Bomphrey, email@example.com.
Donald Insall Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.