We are looking for a Administration Assistant to join our London team.
To provide a professional level of administrative and secretarial support working as part of the Support Team, with flexibility to support other teams practice-wide according to the needs of the business.
Duties and responsibilities include but shall not be limited to
- Managing security issues/requirements for key clients whilst working within strict guidelines to ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
- Project coordination and administration for key client to ensure quality assurance.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for London teams, both Architectural and Historic Buildings Consultancy, responding to enquiries (in person, by telephone, email and post) and relaying messages in a professional and courteous manner.
- Liaising with clients in a professional and courteous manner on a variety of matters relating to our work for them, as directed by the team.
- Supporting the team in maintaining high standards of document and file management by archiving and file publishing on DIAlog (our data management system) as well as setting up projects.
- Creating and formatting documents and large reports in InDesign from handwritten notes ensuring work produced is of a consistently high standard. (This may include text, tabular information, drawings and photographs).
- Proof reading letters and documents.
- Inputting data into digital systems designed for certain clients (Appenate).
- Document control including extranet sites (Aconex and Viewpoint).
- Answering overflow telephone calls from Reception courteously, identifying the caller’s name and requirements before announcing/transferring to relevant staff members, or taking messages/re-routing as required including occasional Reception cover.
- Assisting the HB team on QA and administration.
- Supporting other individuals on projects and contributing to other practice-wide initiatives as may be required.
- Any other reasonable duties that arise from the nature and character of the post.
Please note that job descriptions are not exhaustive, and the duties and responsibilities of the post may be amended from time to time, in consultation with the post holder. Full training will be provided on all software systems (DIAlog, Aconex, Appenate and Viewpoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (grammar and literacy).
- Proven ability to work with initiative and self-sufficiency supporting senior individuals with different needs, expectations and working styles.
- Excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to keep stakeholders updated and manage expectations, manage conflicting deadlines etc.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels in person and on the phone/Teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, but also operate as a key member of a team with a flexible and helpful approach – willing to go the ‘extra mile’ to support colleagues.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft suite, able to type fast and accurately to produce consistent and accurate documentation in standard formats.
- High attention to detail.
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to learn bespoke software although training will be given in this respect.
- Willingness to learn from more experienced team members and to be able to quickly pick up and consistently work to established in-house standards (eg document formatting/layout).
- Flexibility to respond positively to changes in priorities, and the willingness to support other teams and initiatives as required.
- An interest in architecture and a willingness to learn more about the work of the team.
- Advanced working knowledge of InDesign.
- Previous experience of working in an architectural practice or another similar professional services environment.
- Familiarity with project management and construction terms.
Donald Insall Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.