We are looking for a Post Part I Architectural Assistant to join our London team.
This role sits within a small team but may be required to provide support to other teams as necessary in order to meet the needs of the business. Through rotating between several teams, the role holder will have the opportunity to learn from knowledgeable and supportive individuals, as well as developing his/her own knowledge and skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but shall not be limited to:
- Drafting and developing high quality and fit-for-purpose drawings and client presentation materials (both by CAD and by hand), ensuring that technical designs, production information and all associated work is produced to agreed standards, and within required timescales.
- Assisting with the integration of technical information and statutory requirements into design and production drawings, including assisting in the preparation of drawings for planning and building control approval, tender and construction purposes.
- Assisting in preparing and/or commissioning measured surveys and site reports as required.
- Attending and observing relevant internal/external meetings with more senior team members, taking notes as may be required.
- Attending site meetings with more senior team members and taking notes as may be required.
- Undertaking basic research on architectural problems as directed by more senior team members, including the use of hard copy and electronic information management systems.
- Developing a good understanding of the Practice’s Quality Assurance and Environmental Management (QA/EM) System and supporting the team in ensuring that all drawings/files and associated processes are managed in line with the QA/EM requirements throughout the job lifecycle.
- Attending in-house and external CPD activities to develop own knowledge and meet RIBA requirements, and also shadowing and observing other activities within the office in order to broaden own professional experience.
- Any other reasonable duties that may arise from the nature and character of the post, as requested by a Director, the Senior Associate/Associate or other designated team members.
Please note that job descriptions are not exhaustive, and the duties and responsibilities of the post may be amended from time to time, in consultation with the post holder.