We are looking for a Post Part II Architectural Assistant to join our London team.
The purpose of this role is to provide architectural support, primarily in the form of producing and amending AutoCAD based drawings to the team for a variety of projects at different stages. Through rotating between several teams, the role holder will have the opportunity to learn from knowledgeable and supportive individuals, as well as developing his/her own knowledge and skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but shall not be limited to:
- Preparing and developing high quality and fit-for-purpose drawings and client presentation materials including 2D and 3D (both by AutoCAD and by hand), ensuring that technical designs, production information and all associated work is produced to agreed standards, and within required timescales.
- Establishing and integrating technical information and statutory requirements into design and production drawings, including preparing drawings for planning and building control approval, tender and construction purposes.
- Preparing written specifications and contract documentation, which may include assisting in drafting architects’ instructions and certificates, ensuring that work is produced to a consistently high standard and in line with both RIBA and internal requirements.
- Preparing and/or commissioning measured surveys and site reports as required.
- Contributing to the work of the team by attending relevant internal/external meetings, which may include contributing agenda items as appropriate, and following through on action points as identified.
- Attending site meetings with more senior team members, contributing where appropriate and undertaking any other tasks as may be required in that site visits run smoothly and that a professional image of the Practice is maintained.
- Undertaking research on project briefs, materials and construction products and systems, including the use of hard copy and electronic information management systems.
- Preparing drawing issues and maintaining office and project files throughout the job lifecycle in accordance with the Practice’s Quality Assurance (QA) System.
- Attending in-house and external CPD activities to meet RIBA requirements and to support own development, and also observing and work-shadowing other team members in order to broaden own knowledge of the Practice and professional experience.
- Any other reasonable duties that may arise from the nature and character of the post, as requested by the Director/Senior Associate or other designated architects or team members.
Please note that job descriptions are not exhaustive, and the duties and responsibilities of the post may be amended from time to time, in consultation with the post holder.