We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our London team.
Donald Insall Associates is an award-winning conservation architecture and built heritage consultancy. We have more than 120 staff in eight offices in the UK and overseas, and work on projects of all scales, from a dovecote to the Palace of Westminster.
This role will be within the Communications team, assisting with internal and external communications, bids and provide graphic design support to the Practice. This role is ideal for a recent graphic design graduate seeking a hands-on role in both graphic design and communications
Duties and responsibilities include but shall not be limited to
- Provide in-house graphic design services and general assistance with both internal and external communications.
- Design, production and management of marketing material including for use in social media, adverts, brochures, submissions and newsletters using InDesign.
- Working with Architects and Consultants to produce both print and interactive documents for reports and operational submissions, using and maintaining various templates.
- Website, intranet and social media management.
- Work with Architects and Consultants to collate material and prepare award entries, plus provide regular deadline reminders to Associates across the Practice.
- Work with the existing Graphic Designer on design tasks, and by acting as the brand guardian.
- Maintain and develop the Practice’s internal image and asset library, plus marketing and publicity materials to ensure that all are correctly stored, referenced and accessible to all branches.
- Provide guidance to colleagues at all levels in the appropriate and consistent use of these materials.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the duties and responsibilities of the post may be amended from time to time, in consultation with the post holder.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
Candidates will need to demonstrate a solid CV and a graphic design portfolio with clear evidence of tangible contribution and success in both current and previous roles. As a minimum, we will be looking for:
- Excellent written and spoken English, with ability to manipulate and edit text to create high quality and grammatically correct output.
- A degree or equivalent professional experience in graphic design.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of MS Office and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Additionally, knowledge of any moving-image software is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to take direction from various members of the Practice, including others in the Communications team. Developing working relations with colleagues across all branches of the Practice whilst showing initiative and enthusiasm.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills to balance multiple requests and expectations, and to work with a sense of urgency to follow through and consistently deliver high quality work to deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail, able to check own work (and input from others) to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of editorial design, as well as design for social media platforms.
Whilst not essential, we would also welcome applications from candidates with previous experience:
- Digital marketing skills.
- Working knowledge of publishing interactive documents/workflows on-line.
- Within another design-related, architecture, construction or other professional services organisation.
Donald Insall Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.