This Grade II* listed townhouse was built in 1726 and overlooks the St John Concert Hall in Smith Square. Built as two separate houses, they were combined in c.1900 and later converted to office use. Now back in use as a private residence, Insall has carefully conserved and enriched this house, returning it to a comfortable family home.
Internal improvements include new services throughout, with new reconfigured bathrooms and a master en-suite, a new servery kitchen, and underfloor heating to principal floors. Subtle new secondary glazing and insulation at attic level have further improved energy requirements. Ceilings have been raised to top-floor bedrooms to increase headroom, appropriate period fireplaces are reinstated to reception rooms, with shutters restored to working order, and the property was redecorated to a high standard. New French doors increase natural daylight into the dining room and improve access to the re-landscaped rear garden, with an incorporated new metal balcony and staircase.